Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Every Time a Bell Rings, a Gumdrop Dies

     Ooh, food. Vicki's mom is the best.  She always makes such good food.  It smells so good! Wait, my house key! Where--oh, right. On the conspicuous string of thick twine that I always keep around my neck.  Good.  If I manage to lose those keys again, Mom will have a fit.  Time to eat.  Wow, this pasta tastes wonderful.  A little too much oregano for my liking, though.  Could have used a bit more thyme seasoning in the sauce, and a touch more salt too.  I miss Alie.  We should have kidnapped her and made her come with us.  Making gumdrop trees at Vicki's house makes me so happy.  I love Christmastime.  Wait, why does Ana keep glaring at me? Oh, right. My legs. I should stop jiggling them, I think they make the table shake.  Yes, they do.  Oh, well.  Now, time to make my tree.  Vicki has such strange ideas.  I mean, gumdrop trees? How did she come up with that one?  Hmm... I wonder how exactly I should go about doing this.  I shall just follow Ana's lead.  Take a big styrofoam cone... Take a handful of gumdrops (and maybe eat one or two or seventeen)... Grab a handful of toothpicks... Alright, how hard can this really turn out? Stab a gumdrop with a toothpick, stick the toothpick on the cone.  One down.  Wow.  I quite enjoy stabbing these gumdrops.  Die, gumdrops, die! I wonder if I could somehow make this seemingly innocent tree into some sort of weapon.  Yes, I know I could.  I miss Al Pal.  Weapons.  Toothpicks and gumdrops... I know! Spikes! Perfect.  Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me.  No, Catherine, I most certainly do NOT want to watch your stupid Rudolph movie while we make our weap--trees.  No, Ana, under no circumstances will I ever watch "Free Willy."  WHY did Alie not come? She has an impeccable taste in movies.  Takes after me.  Fine, I guess I can settle for Rudolp--NO, VICKI! I WILL NOT WATCH "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE!" If I hear something about bells ringing and an angel getting its wings ONE MORE TIME I will put this murderous masterpiece of mine to good use. These people that I call my "friends." I swear.  Unbelievable.  Oh, look! I finished my spiked club.  It looks nice.  I can not wait to show Alie. 

1 comment:

  1. Vicki,
    I actually feel a little alarmed by how accurately you captured my thought process. From food to keys to leg shaking to Alie and feuding with Catherine-- you got it all. I had forgotten about my mace, so thanks a ton for the photo reference. I remember now hearing my mom talking on the phone with my aunt a while after I brought it back to the house and her saying that it conveyed a deep anger and resentment.

    ReplyDelete